We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you shop on the Website, we will ask you to input and may accordingly collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on the Websites (“User Information“). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this Website is being monitored and may (subject always to efforts for full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements and commercial best practice in this regard) capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with our products which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
Processing your orders:
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer and facilitate the successful operation of the Website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you may be given the option to receive information from Purple Orchid Pharma Ltd by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process.
You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by contacting us on 0844 415 2420 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday or email email@example.com.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within Purple Orchid Pharma Ltd and to reputable third parties who will help process your order (such as Royal Mail or MyHermes as our appointed delivery agent). Whilst your Personal Information will be made available in this manner, we require all such third parties to treat such as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to us on 0844 415 2420 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|__utmc||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||end of browser session|
|__utmv||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.||2 years from set/update|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.